Thursday, December 11, 2003

Disappearing Can of Nuts

     A couple of days ago, I was sitting at the computer reading some Email. I was eating from a can of cinnamon and sugar coated pecans. I figured I'd had evough so I replaced the lid on the can and set it down beside the computer and continued to read the mail. A few minutes went by, maybe an hour, because I had shifted to reading blurbs from the Fortean Times website. I reached for the can of nuts and it wasn't there. I'm the only one in the house, except for my pup, who was sound asleep in the doorway between the diningroom and library. I checked all around the computer, on the floor, in back of the computer, the whole vicinity. Discusted, I went back and completed my time on the computer. After I had closed down the computer, I rechecked for that blamed can of nuts, no luck. I even went over the whole library, no can of nuts. If  I'd been looking for something really small I could understand overlooking it; but these nut cans are about 5 inches across at the top and probably about 5 inches deep. How could anything that large (9 ozs.) not be in plain sight? This happens frequently with tools, and the address book has yet to make a reappearance. This is the first food type item to disappear since a three pound, uncooked, roast disappeared from the refrigerator several years back. It never reappeared either.There are times that this house is frustrating.

No comments: