Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Dog phantom

  It was starting to get late, the dining room was, I admit, rather dark. Not so dark that I needed the light on to simply walk through to the kitchen. As I left the Library a movement off to my right, actually right in front of the closed Parlour door, caught my attention. It was a dark shape spining around to lay down. You have watched dogs spin around two or three times before laying down, I'm sure, if you have ever had a dog. It was like I caught the last spin. Like I said the light was not on in the diningroom so the area was in semidarkness. I thought,"Which dog is it?" and looking toward the kitchenI observed both of my dogs looking at me from the kitchen doorway. Spining around back toward the Parlour door I observed there was nothing in front of the door. Keep in mind this all happened within the space of only a few seconds.I went on into the kitchen where my dogs insisted they had to go out. While walking them I had to consider what I had seen. We had only one dog who regularly laid in front of the Parlour door; a little female I had for just days shy of 18 years. Was it her or did my eyes play tricks with me? It was the turning motion that got my attention to begin with; otherwise I would have just walked through the room seeing nothing. This is but another dog "sighting", I suppose. As "ghosts" go that seems the most common. If I'm seeing a "ghost" and not just some phychological phenomena or illusion.

No comments: