Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It took a while

It took a while but I've finally learned how to post this google blog. Even though this is the time of year that this old house becomes active; it has been relatively quiet so far this season. During the period between transfering the blog from AOL to Google, we did have one strange occurance. It occured during the cool autumn, I don't recall the exact date. My wife and I we're taking the dogs for their nightly walk. My wife had the older grey Schnauzer as he is better behaved than the fiesty little black Schnauzer that I was walking. As we crossed the front lawn , Shadow, the younger dog, started running in circles and jerking in the leash. I knew almost immediately what had happened, She had been bee stung. Rushing her inside, I found the bee still on her foot. Anyone who has an inside pet dog knows how big a baby they can be when hurt. We tried everything we could think of to take the hurt out of the sting but the dog was still making a big thing of it. My wife was worried because she was scheduled to work the next day. I told her to go to bed in one of our other bedrooms and I'd take care of Shadow until she settled down. She did finally settle down and went to sleep with the hurt paw stretched out beside her like a little furry school patrolboy. It was about 2 am at this point. Probably around 4 am my wife partially awakened me coming back to bed. I vaguely remember her saying "I'll tell you about it in the morning". The next morning the pup was fine and wanting to play. My wife had an interesting tale to tell. She had gone to bed in the Greenroom. I have no idea why. The greenroom has had various strange happenings over the years. I really thought she'd choose the Noah room as it has the larger, more comfortable, bed and has had very few (only two) strange episodes. Nonetheless she bedded down in the Greenroom and had gone to sleep when someone got in bed with her and , thinking it was me, asked how Shadow was? No answer, so she turned toward the visitor, there was no one there but that side of the bed was slumped, like somebody was there. She ran her hand across the bed and felt the dip, no one was there. Then she said the slump righted its self like some one had gotten up. There is a window across from the bed. She said she saw nothing, nothing moved in front of the window. She decided maybe Shadow was settled and she better come back to the masterbedroom. In her shoes, I probably would have made the same decision. Strange and I have no explaination. However I did mention this episode on a different forum so I can go back and get the date. I will add it in.

No comments: