Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Today my wife and I got home about 6:00 pm from her store in Byesville. We entered the house by the western rear door into the kitchen. While my wife was throwing together our supper I went out the front door and got the paper which I carried to the kitchen. We hadn't even sat down to eat when we heard a terrific slam of a door somewhere in the house. All the doors to the outside are locked with either a deadbolt or slide bolt. The door on the upstairs porch on the westward side of the house has been known to blow open (I suppose it was windcaused) and it has happened even when we were sure it was locked.  That door was still shut and the slide bolt was in place. So what door slammed? We haven't figured that one out yet. Whether it has a logical explaination or not is not known at this time. But for any door to slam shut loud enough to be heard in the kitchen must have really been slammed hard. But no evidence of such an event is evident. Yes, the front door was bolted.

No comments: