Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Voices calling my name

My wife had the disconcerting experience of hearing her name called clearly while she rearraged a small room in back of our backroom. She said she was rearranging the room and pulling stored Christmas stock when she clearly heard her name called three times. There was one other person in the store who helps out occassionly so my wife figured she must have needed something. This rear of the rear room is quite small and really loaded with merchandise so it was no easy matter to crawl over everything to answer the "call". When she left the rear room and walked through the backroom to the main storeroom she saw her helper tagging new merchandise. She asked what she wanted and the girl gave her a "what do you mean look". Saying she heard her name called, my wife explained she thought the helper had called her. "No", the girl replied, if I had needed anything I would have walked back into the backroom and said something. So my wife went again into the rear room and continued to sort and arrange only to have the same thing happen again. Listening, this time, my wife said the voice though feminine, did not sound, at all, like her helper. She again went to the showroom and could clearly see her helper still tagging merchandise. This girl is not the practicle joke playing type anyway. So my wife is perplexed as to what did occur. I said if it happens again, answer it. See what happens. She agreed that is a good idea. As I have said before her store is in a very old building built in the 1800s. We have both experienced the weird in there from time to time and I suppose this is just another occurance to be filed with the rest. I probanly should shoot some pictures in the store around Halloween, just to see what developes.

No comments: