Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hallway voice sounds again

The hallway voice has sounded again. I was upstairs changing my clothes when suddenly the voice comes in loud and clear. Sounded like it was saying "Vincent is having a heart attack". That message was repeated seven or eight times. I quickly went to the hallway and once again the voice seemed to be coming from an area close to the closed off dumbwaiter. This reminded me that I had set a sound activated recorder next to that wall. I retrieved the recorder and saw the batteries had run down. Needless to say the recorder didn't pick up anything that time. I put new batteries in the recorder; rewound the tape and hit playback. Now I get mystery number two. Unless the downstairs doorway to the parlor is open; you cannot hear my dogs bark unless they get really loud and even then its a muffled sound. With the parlor door open you can hear the barking and they sound low like they are far away. When I rewound the recorder and hit playback I got what sounded like a dog war. The recorder picked them up like they were standing next to it. Now I know what they do when I'm not at home. They bark and howl. Anyway I did pick up the strange voice at one point on the tape. I couldn't understand what it said either. Its loud but unclear, garbled. I don't know any Vincent's, assuming that's what was really said. It repeated the message over and over at least 7 times. There is never any answer. And as I have said before it sounds like a shortwave radio of some sort. But why am I picking it up in an interior wall in my house? And that brings us to the game camera which I aimed up the front stairs to try to validate a couple strange shots I got from my, now defunct, spy camera. The batteries on it had run down as well, but I retrieved the chip. I had many pictures of myself and my wife going up and down those stairs. None of these photos looked anything like the strange aberration that came up on two shots of the spy camera. So the mystery continues in this old house.

No comments: