Saturday, March 1, 2014

Strange noises

The wife and I are both home today for a change, I 've said before the house seems strangely quiet. But that isn't the case today. There has been many slams, bangs, whirring noises and what sounds like a porch swing chain clatter. We do not have a porch swing. I cannot locate other strange sounds; but the wind is blowing pretty good so I figure that must have something to do with it. There is snow and freezing rain predicted for later today (I hope they are wrong) but it is still quite cold outside with a rapid wind. One of the loud bangs occurred in the Library, just a few minutes ago. It sounded like it came from the book shelves that runs ceiling to the floor just immediately south of the computer. There is no evidence of anything having fallen nor any other such thing that could have resulted in a loud bang. Yes, I'm use to loud noises here; but I would really like to know what causes them. So I suppose the house is as active as it always has been. I guess I just thought it was quiet because I wasn't here to hear the noises. I'm here today and the noises are fairly frequent and, so far, without explanation.

No comments: