Monday, July 21, 2014

Bicycler or what?????

I had an odd experience last evening. I had my two dogs out for exercise and necessities. We were standing in the rear of the driveway that runs between by residence and the old balloon frame house on the western side that I use for storage. The driveway is narrow between the two structures. From where I was standing I could see a portion of the street that runs in front of our house. This street is a historic portion of the Old National Road. Coming into view was a bicycle ridden by a lean boy in his early teens. My dogs started, preparing to bark, when the boy and the bicycle simply disappeared. The bicycle had not crossed in front of my house. It simply disappeared. My dogs obviously saw it too. They reacted but it passed so quickly that their reaction turned to confusion or puzzlement. It threw me for a moment and I would have thought I halluscinated it if the dogs hadn't reacted to it. There was no fade out, the figure simply disappeared. It was a standard bike like we all rode in the 1940's and 50's. The boy was dressed in long sleeved shirt and regular pants. Who knows?????

No comments: