Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Dogs toy at it again.

My wife relayed this story. It seems that yesterday evening, while my younger dog and I were watching TV (she was on my lap) my wife was playing on the computer with the older dog laying beside her chair. She said that suddenly a loud squeak occurred from the dining room. Keep in mind the dining room and computer room (library) are adjacent to each other and the den with the TV is opens immediately to the right of the library. She said both she and the older dog jumped. It was definitely the older dogs toy parrot that squeaked. Rowdy ran and looked around the corner of the doorway into the dining room, but advanced no further. I'm getting a bit hard of hearing so with the TV blasting rather loud, I and my pup didn't hear the commotion. Rowdy's stuffed parrot toy has to be pressed rather hard to activate the squeaker bulb; but nothing and no one was even close to the toy. My wife even got up and went to the dining room to check out the toy. No reason could be found for its sudden vocalization. That's twice, now, that that particular stuffed toy has squalled with no one or nothing near it. Both times the parrot was in the dining room. Really makes you wonder.

No comments: