Friday, July 29, 2016

Loud noises

Not much activity to write about until yesterday. It rained, lightly, all day yesterday. I don't know if the rain had anything to do with a couple loud noises that occurred or nor. Yesterday, at about 10 am, I was reading messages at my computer. Shadow was asleep beside my chair and my wife was out running her store. A really loud, house jarring crash got my and Shadows attention. Seemingly coming from the roof toward the rear of the house I wondered if we had lost a chimney. Shadow jumped up at the crash but remained beside my chair. A crash like that needs to be investigated and thinking something hit the roof I went outside (it was raining lightly) and walked around the house. Everything seemed ok. I then came into the house and checked it out. Nothing was found to be amiss. At about 2 pm as I was walking through the dining room a second crash occurred that shook the house. Shadow came trotting in from the kitchen. The second crash sounded like it came from the front of the house roof. Again, I went outside to check. Nothing seemed out of place. But two loud crashes just seemed a bit much for nothing to have happened; so I got in my car and drove up to the state road that runs above and behind my property. From there I got a clear view of the whole roof. Nothing appeared to be out of place. Again I checked the house interior. I found nothing wrong. Loud, unexplained noises are known to happen here. I have written about them before. But noises that actually jar the house you would think would have a source.

No comments: