Thursday, November 27, 2003

Address Book

      My wife keeps a book with all the addresses and phone numbers of our friends and family. She kept it in a stand in the den. The stand is an old shoe makers bench with a single drawer. Suddenly the book was gone. We searched the house over, no book. This was a major catastrophe as far as my wife was concerned. Some addresses could be easily found in other sources; but many would take some time to locate. The book was gone for months. My wife was in the process of making a new one and trying to find out addresses. Then one afternoon, my wife asked me to check the front porch for the weekly Advertiser. As I walked from the parlour to the front hall, I saw a black book lying in the middle of the floor six or seven foot in front of the front door. It was the missing address book. The front door fits quite snug in the door facing. There are no other places the book could have come from and the front door was locked, as it usually is, with a deadbolt lock.  That was about 5 years ago. Strangly, that book has again disappeared. It will be interesting to see if it reappears and where. So far its been gone about 6 months .

No comments: