Sunday, November 30, 2003

Loud Crash

     As I said in an earlier post; strange happenings in this house are more common in November and December. Most of November was quiet, but that changed today. The wife was a work, so as soon as I returned home from church, I changed clothes and pulled out the old christmas tree. The tree is a 12 footer, so it takes me 3 or 4 days to decorate it (ain't as young as I usta be). I closed the door between the parlour and front hall because our dog, who is really just a pup as yet, runs up our front staircase and then cries because he's afraid to come back down. Not wanting to run after him all afternoon, I closed the hallway door. So I'm up the ladder putting lights on the tree, I'm alone in the house, the pup is taking a nap under the tree, when a horrendous crash sounds from the hall. I rush off the ladder, open the door to the hall and investigate. Everything is in its place. I then go outside and check the side of the house in case something fell of it or crashed into it. Everything appears in good order. I come back inside, go up the stairs retrieve the pup, return to the parlour and the tree, closing once again the hallway door. I don't think this is the house settling; sounded more like it was falling in. The mysterious sounds are nothing new, but they are so real, so loud, that you always check it out anyway.

No comments: