Thursday, June 23, 2011

Disappearing dog medicine.

Today, as we finished breakfast, I was preparing a pill for our older dog who seems to have digestive problems. In order to get him to take the pill prescribed by the vet; we have to hide it in a cracker generously piled with peanut butter. Of course our younger dog has to be included to avoid problems but hers is minus the pill. I had just prepared his "treat" and laid it on the table until I could make the younger dog's treat. When I had the second treat ready, I reached for the first "treat" and it was not there. I looked all over the table, I checked the floor. No treat was visible. My wife said," look under your plate. I picked up my plate, that treat with the pill was no place on the table. My wife also looked it all over, gave me a sly look and suggested I ate it. Then she said,"You'll just have to fix him another." As I reached for the cracker bag for a new cracker to slather with peanut butter; I saw, in plain view, right beside my plate that both my wife and I had looked under, and around with no luck, laid the cracker with the pill. It was not hidden, it was in plain view, yet both of us couldn't see it? How plausible is that? Usually its tools that disappear from a work area and are found days later in some obscure place. This time it was a cracker with peanut butter and a pill, but it reappeared minutes later. A spooky practicle joker, I suppose. Seems kinda mundane.....until it happens to you.

No comments: