Friday, July 22, 2011

Red light

Last night, about 9 pm give or take a few minutes, while I was working at the kitchen sink; I clearly saw, out of the corner of my eye, a distinct red light. The light was bright, very well defined, not unlike a caution light on an electrical appliance. Only problem is there is no electrical appliance in that area of the kitchen. There is a victorian, ceramic, butter churn and a hassoc type fan. The fan was not plugged in at the time and as it is rather old, it has no lights on it of any kind. I saw that light for a few seconds before I reacted to it and turned toward it. There was nothing there. Seeing as how there could not be a light, red or otherwise, in that corner of the kitchen; I resumed what I was doing at the kitchen sink. Lo and behold that bright red light reappeared but as soon As I turned it was not there. The brightness of the light and the pinpoint conciseness of it would seem to put it beyond a hallucination. Yet there was nothing there. Strange doings in this house are rather common; but placing a cause for them can be frustrating. One dog was asleep under the kitchen table and the other was not even in the kitchen. I saw the light for several seconds on both occassions; it was not a sudden flash. Old jouses can really entertain you if you don't take them too seriously. Otherwise they can drive you batty.

No comments: