Friday, December 6, 2013

Loud Explosion Again.

Night before last night, my wife was using the computer and I was just walking from the Den into the Library to show a magazine article to my wife. Before I coud say anything the who house shook with a loud explosion. My wife was certain there had been a horrendous wreck out front. I went out the front door and looked all around, the place looked deserted; there was no one anyplace. This occurred at about 10pm so there isn't a lot going on outside. But a crash such as we heard should have distured someone. I walked around to the rear of the house thinking perhaps an accident on the road that runs behind our house but it looked just as deserted. The neighbor on my right had no lights on so they were probably out. The neighbor across the road had lights but he was no where tbe seen. I have no close neighbors on the left. So, it seems sometime near or in the Christmas season we have these "explosions" once or twice. They shake the house; but nothing can be found to explain them. No one else in town ever hears anything. If I were the only person hearing the crash I'd think it was just me going bonkers but my wife has heard them too.Over the years I have learned that this town has collective deafness. They can't seem to hear loud noises. When I first moved here in 79' a fireworks factory exploded killing one worker. I heard that blast and so did my wife, but on asking our neighbors, they didn't hear anything. It made headlines in the local paper. When I pointed this out to these same people they "Reckoned it was just a backfire" Would have taken a mighty big truck to backfirwe that loud. I really do wonder what goes on around here in the shade. Small towns all have their secrets. Been here 34 years now and I'm still the outsider.

No comments: