Sunday, February 1, 2015

Cold prevention

This message has nothing to do with the paranormal I'm writing it for posterity. In 2001 when I was still teaching in grade school I developed an infected tooth root. The dentist gave me two options. I could have the tooth pulled or go he could do a root canal. He gave me medicines to clear up the infection but said I'd have to do one or the other as the infection would return. By coincidence I read an article about garlic and its antibacterial properties. I figured how much garlic would equal a low dose of penicillin. Not wanting to lose the tooth and hearing horror stories about root canals I figured I'd try the garlic first. I soon discovered that there is only one type of garlic that doesn't come out on you (make you smell horribly) It is called odorless garlic and I got it at Walmart. I began by taking 20 gels a day, every day. It took a full year but I cleared up the infection completely. One day in the teachers lounge one of my fellow educators made the comment that I had not missed any school that year. This was unusual because you can imagine just how much of a bug barn a grade school is. To top that off I was an art teacher who moved from room to room I was exposed to all of the kids. I had never escaped a year without multiple colds and often the flu before. So I continued the regimen. Then about midway through 2002 I read an article about a hospital in Akron where a flu epidemic went through all the wards but one. The ward had no cases of the flu though it was open to all the other wards. When figuring a common cause they found that only that ward was being given large doses of vitamin D. So as an experiment I cut my doses of garlic to 10 gels a day and added 200 units 0f vitamin D. That was in 2002. I've since retired but I'm still out in the public. My wife owns a store and I help run it. It is now 2015 and I've not had a cold since 2001. I haven't had the flu either though my doctor still insists there will be a flu my regimen can't block. But he hasn't even asked me if I want a flu shot now for several years. I have discussed this with two others on the web and they claim similar results. What works for one person may not work for another but it seems like a good thing to try. I was told by an herbalist that any herbal remedy takes about two months to reach full effect. Worked for me.

No comments: