Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Old National Road

     This is not a recent occurance. A recent post to me, jogged a memory of something that occured here probably 25 years ago. My wife and I had not lived here very long, two or three years, perhaps.  My wife was planting flowers in the concrete containers that line the front steps, I was painting trim in the rear of the house. My wife says that as she was planting she heard the sound of what she took to be buggy wheels moving up the road in front of our house. Thinking it Amish going down to the local grocery she glanced up. What she says she saw was certainly not Amish, but an old covered wagon pulled by oxen. She came scurring around the house to get me to see this strange sight. When we returned to the front of the house there was nothing on the road; not even cars. She was one confused lady. Was it a waking dream? She says she knows what she saw.  Now she says on reflection the road was dirt (its blacktop now). Kinda hard to go asleep while planting flowers. She saw something. Was it out of the past? It didn't have time to go very far while I was being summoned. Another mystery in an old village.

No comments: