Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Neighbor's father sees child.

     I had to get this into the Journal as quickly as possible so I could keep the facts fresh. My wife and I had just returned from town. She was unloading the car and I was walking our two dogs. We were in the front lawn when my neighbor across the street came over; dressed in his shirtsleeves even though the air was chilly. He says,"I gotta tell you this". He had my attention. "My farther-in-law stayed the night last night and he saw a child enter his bedroom." I'm thinking....So, you have two young boys...he continued,"You've met my father-in-law and you know how down-to-earth practicle he is." I had to agree the man was very straight forward, no foolishness tolerated. "Well," my neighbor continued, "He says a young child, both larger and older than my two boys came into the bedroom late last night.""And", he continued," thats not the first time I've seen him." "One other time, when I stayed over, the same thing occurred." "The first time, I convinced myself I was dreaming." "There was no question, this time I was wide awake." "That child would have been 8 or nine years old." "I just thought you ought to know." My neighbors kids are 5 and 1 so they have to be ruled out. The farther-in-law is very straight laced, neither drinking nor smoking.  "and then," my neighbor continued,"When I called my sisterand told her ,she laughed, I thought I was going to be in for some heckling; but instead she said I have to tell you about something that happened to me." His sister lives pretty close to this same village, by the way. She continued, The twins (her twin sons) were almost 5 years old, they came downstairs and asked me who the man was upstairs?" "I said there better not be a man upstairs." "We immediately went upstairs to see." They pointed out the guest bedroom and said he was in there." "There was noone in the bedroom or anywhere upstairs." "So I said what did he look like?" "All I got was he was big and wore funny looking clothes." Then she said, "We had forgotten about the episode until a couple of months later when the kids pointed to a picture in a book of people in civil war era clothes and said, "Thats how the man upstairs looked." Never a dull moment in this burg.

No comments: