Thursday, December 28, 2006

Total frustration

      The circunstances of todays episode leaves the matter suspect. To begin with the day stated with promise. The weather was overcast but not especially cold for this time of year. My wife decided to visit a friend and left about noon. I had the dogs out for a walk so while we were out I decided to pile them into the car and go to the post office (the post office isn't that far away, I should have walked). I was probably at the post office close to an hour. Our post master dispenses the best coffee in town and is the nerve center for local gossip. Returning home, I put the leashes on the dogs and open the door and was ran over by said dogs in a big hurry to get out. Unfortunately, there rapid departure and pulling on their leashes, caused me to exit the car before I extracted the keys from the ignition and upon closing the door, I locked it out of habit. By the time the dogs and I got to the door of the house, I realized what I had done. I was locked out of both the house and car. No problem, I thought. I carry a valet key to the car in my wallet. I have a special pocket in the wallet where this key is kept at all times. I took my wallet apart looking for the key, no luck. That key was gone. The pocket was secure and closed, but no key recided in it. While I was taking everything out of my wallet in a vain attempt to find my key, I had tied the dogs to their outside pier. So we keep a key to the house on the outside (no not under a rug), so I put my wallet back in my hip pocket and went to the area where the spare house key is kept. It wasn't there. I turned the area upside down looking for it. It simply wasn't there. It must have been nabbed by a squirrel or something but it wasn't there. I returned to the rear door and discovered my dogs were gone. Their tyeout cable was gone too. Holy cow, I had to find those two knotheads as they are totally not roadwise. Luckily, I saw them before they got too far. Lucky also that both dogs were tied together so when I called them the younger one came straight away, so the older dog had to follow. He gets loose he likes to play chase for a while. I discovered the spring clamp on the cable was busted so I had to litterly tied them back with a knot in the cable. I checked every window on the car, hoping I could find one down enough to wire the lock tab, no luck. I checked every window and door on the house, sealed tight. I finally gave up and started doing some work outside. I worked outsideuntil my wife came home several hours later. I told her what had happened and she gave me her keys to my car. I walked over to my car and put the key in the door lock and there, directly in front of me lay the valet key. That key was not there, There was no way I could have missed it. But there it was shiny and bright. First of all how did it get out of a zipped pocket in my wallet? How could it have been lying beside my car door without my seeing it? This time Mr. Ghost, it ain't funny. And what happened to the house key?

No comments: