Thursday, March 1, 2007

Strange disappearances

   I have said, various times, that things disappear in this house and then reappear in totally illogical places. Keep in mind that only myself , my wife and our two dogs live here. We have had no company in the past two weeks, primarily because the weather has been hideous, extremely snowy and icy. I have a couple of places where I keep our camera. One is in the library and the other is on the dinningroom sideboard. I needed the camera a couple days ago to take a picture of an old mantle clock that I suspect dates back into the 1800s. I needed a shot of it to send to a clock expert in hopes he could identify and date it. The camera was not anywhere to be found. I have a second camera but the film was just started and I didn't need 26 shots of this clock. The missing camera had three or four shots left. Two days later I find the camera in the kitchen BREAD BOX. Neither my wife nor I are senile yet. This is totally unexplainable; yet these things happen in this house. Some things don't reappear for weeks or months and some never reappear. I guess I was lucky it was only gone a couple of days. Oh, by the way we do keep our bread in the bread box. I have toast about every morning.

No comments: