Friday, March 16, 2007

Strange shadow

  Our upstairs bath sets at the end of a long hallway. About midway down the hall, my wife has a bureau where she keeps sheets and such. I was just leaving the bath to go back down stairs when the shadow of a man moved across the bathward side of that bureau. At first I thought I had cast the shadow, but when I stepped back, I realized I was not casting any shadow in that direction. In fact I tried, moving here and then there, forward, backward and to the right and then the left. I simply did not cast any shadow in that direction. The shadow was most likely male. The head did, upon reflection, seemed abnormally round. There were shoulders but the shadow hit the bureau in a slightly downward sweep. Just as you would expect a shadow, from a moving object, to do. Not much that happens in this house is a big shock anymore, but the shadow is a new phenomena for me.

No comments: