Saturday, January 3, 2015

Strange goings on continued

So the very next night (Friday) I again turned in early, but not as early as the prior night, about 10:30pm. I usually like to read for a bit before lights out but again, like last night, I was too tired and went to sleep pretty early. Again the dogs were downstairs with my wife. I had already taken them out so all she had to do was let them upstairs. Suddenly I was awakened by frantic digging. It was loud and it was close. Thinking my wife had allowed the dogs upstairs I reached over to settle the offending digger down. There was no one there, my hand reached empty space. What's more the digging sound continued until I turned on the light. The clock said 11:37pm. I had only been in bed about an hour. At this point upon examination the covers did not appear to have been dug, actually nothing appeared to have been dug. This episode had me pretty much awake. Shortly after the inspection and a short trip to the jon I was about to turn in again when I heard the stampede of Schnauzers come up the stairs. The schnauzers roared down the upstairs hall and both hit the bed about the same time. My wife climbing the stairs somewhat later informed me she couldn't hold them back. Probably true. So what the heck was digging covers so close to me I thought I could handle it? Silly man that I am. But Criminey, I wish I knew the answers to those and other riddles about this old house.

No comments: