Saturday, January 3, 2015

Strange goings-on

I've had some strangeness going on over the past few days but I haven't had time to address the issues properly. First of all we have been working the store on an almost continuing fashion. Both of us were exhausted. Thursday night we came in had supper and I informed my wife that I was headed upstairs to bed. My wife decided she would stay up a while and catch up on the computer. I left our two dogs downstairs with my wife. Since her leg problem she has been using the separate Noah's room anyway. I must have really been out of it because I was asleep as soon as I hit the bed. However, at about 10pm (three hours after turning in) I was awake for a bathroom run. Then shortly after mid-night I was gently awakened by the motion of the bed. I lay there for a few minutes trying to figure what I was doing to cause the bed to gently rock back and forth. As I was laying perfectly still and I was still being rocked. This made no sense to me but I finally got up to see what was rocking the bed. Once off the bed the rocking could no longer be felt. I turned back in and discovered the rocking motion continued. I was pretty sleepy and must have simply gone back asleep. At around 4:15am I was again awakened by voices, muted, garbled, but no question voices. OK, My wife must be going to bed and is talking to the dogs. Last thing I remember thinking was "boy is she up late". I didn't awaken again until a quarter after 9:00am.So I had slept about 14 hours straight. Obviously I needed the sleep. I got up, got dressed, went downstairs only to see the stairway gate was in place and my older gray schnauzer looking up at me. Obviously my wife left the dogs downstairs. I replaced the gate and walked into the kitchen. My dogs wanted to be taken out; so I had the put on a coat, hat, heavy shoes, retrieve the leashes where I had stashed them the day before and take the mutts out. By the time I came back in, my wife was in the kitchen fixing breakfast. I chided her for being up so late and was quickly set straight. She turned about 11:30pm but as her leg was really bothering her , she had not taken the dogs out but left them blocked off in the downstairs. No wonder they wanted out so bad when I came down. I told her about the shaking bed and she reminded me that that use to happen infrequently in the past and apparently, with her, that explaination took care of it. True, there were times in the past when we were awakened by a rocking motion on the bed. As to the subunderstandable dialog I heard? Now that she had no explaination for. Then the very next night...

No comments: